Monday, February 13, 2012

Valentine and Me... !

Posted by panchali mallick at 6:51 PM

Valentine's Day; Image Courtesy -happyvalentine2014.com 
After the year long wait of lovers the much awaited Valentine's Day is here. Like any other season of festivities, valentine's day through its years of unadulterated efforts and publicity have managed to confirm itself the much sought after position in the calender of youth brigade. Indeed the fervor of the day is such that today I don't feel like diluting my emotions with sarcasm. Most people would think that I loathe being single on this day. Well the fact remains that it’s hard denying the truth. I have been feeling the same since years now, even in the brief period when I felt something like love in my life.

I request, please keep your "aawwws" aside, cause feeling love does not entail that you've actually felt the emotion called "Love". Valentine's Day celebration brings back to me the memories of the various V-days that cajoled me in different phases of my life.

From slapping a guy for his over enthusiastic romantic demeanor who brought for me a king size V-day card at my door steps on 9th standard, to silently sighing for someone special to give me the prettiest of the gifts in my 10th standard, the day successfully ascended in its the level of desire with my growing age.

College days brought along with it an unfelt surge of emotions. The V day for me now metamorphosed into one such day when I could hang around with my big gang of single buddies ransacking the malls and participating in couple dance with your best buddy's would be BF (knowing d fact that the person had all intentions to woo me my most famous horns went out of control and peeped out just a little). Partying was the mantra. But again amidst all I longed for that someone special to enter in my life. 

Years rolled by like that in fairy tales. I admit life isn't such romantic always. Today after successfully completing my academics I am having a much unwanted rendezvous with the risen levels of anticipations surrounding Valentine’s Day. Watching my little sister save money and take very undisputed loans from me for getting a gift worthy of her emotion makes me feel that something indeed is missing from my Life. Normally I hate being a part of the crowd and my normal self would always deter from enduring expressions that pertinently drag me all the way amidst the chaos of not very unique blend of Homo sapiens. Yet more than love, V Day is a feeling my dear, that does not spare even the harshest of all unromantics and very self proclaimed “nothing but ambitious” sort of me.

So here I am sans BF, sans romance logging in to my FB page and wondering how it would feel probably to see my names also pop up in one of those typically romantic Valentine's Day wishes update. Mundane ...... I Know... But Happy Valentine's Day.....!!!!!

4 comments:

Rahul on October 31, 2012 at 1:41 AM said...

Very nicely written.

panchali mallick on January 8, 2013 at 1:52 AM said...

Thanks Rahul

Dhiren navani on February 17, 2014 at 5:08 AM said...

Hey! My blog is with the same title..:)
http://navanidhiren.blogspot.in/

panchali mallik on March 3, 2014 at 2:00 AM said...

Hey Dhiren .. Well certainly i will go forward and give your blog a read :)

Post a Comment

 

BeingMySelf @Panchali Copyright © 2012 Design by Antonia Sundrani Vinte e poucos